You have committed to quitting smoking. You have gotten accustomed to the thought of doing without a cigarette. Then out of nowhere, you feel like lighting up a cigarette. There is a smoking relapse. You’re not sure how it happened. And, now you’re puzzled about whether to go back to smoking or continue with your anti-smoking journey.
Going back to smoking may seem enticing, perhaps easy too. Parallelly, you may be feeling a sense of guilt for feeling weak in your desire. Relax, and don’t beat yourself up about your relapse. Instead, do what we suggest in this blog.
Recognize Your Trigger
You can’t blame nicotine cravings singularly for your relapse. There could be one or more triggers that would have intensified your craving. Knowing these triggers is key to avoiding relapse in the future. Take a look at this tabulation.
|Emotional Trigger||Stress, anxiety, excitement, happiness, relaxation, satisfaction, boredom, and so on.|
|Pattern Trigger||Pattern triggers are related to your former smoking habits. These include a casual conversation with a smoker friend, finishing a meal, relaxing after work, driving, post-sex, and so on.|
|Social Trigger||Any kind of socialising, with or without smokers — a party, a concert, meeting friends over drinks, and so on.|
|Withdrawal Trigger||Withdrawal triggers depend on the severity of the smoking relapse and/or how heavy or light your smoking was. These include craving the taste of a cigarette, smelling cigarette smoke, touching cigarettes, lighters or matches, and the need to keep your hands busy.|
Deal With Your Trigger
So, what do you do after you have successfully identified your triggers? Resist them? No! Accept them without judging yourself and leading yourself into the guilt trap.
#1] Talk to yourself positively
Practise this positive self talk.
- Smoking is not reflective of my whole being.
- A relapse doesn’t indicate a doomed future.
- I need to adopt an effective regime to combat smoking.
- It’s pointless being critical of myself. Relapse is common when quitting smoking.
- It is all right to fail.
#2] Smoke mindfully
Smoking mindfully means that you are entirely aware of the act of smoking. The next time, you get a craving, do the following:
- Take a good look at the cigarette.
- Feel its body with your fingers.
- Experience its taste.
- Feel the smoke travelling down your throat as you inhale and feel it travel back up your throat as you exhale.
- Ask yourself if cigarette smoking has indeed changed your mood instantaneously.
- Try to recollect situations when you have managed to do without cigarettes and have done well.
- Ask yourself if you really need a cigarette the next time to cope with that trigger.
Sign up for Smotect Quit Smoking Program
Smotect can help you stay away from cigarettes for good naturally with its innovative approaches.
Get Smotect Natural Tablets
These tablets are patented, unique scientific formulations of 12 therapeutic herbs that help you beat biological cravings. Thes tablets lower your nicotine dependence and help you manage your triggers effectively.
Additional benefits of Smotect Natural Tablets:
Restore lung health/functions
Protect vital organs from the impact of years of smoking
Improve mental status
Help sleep better
Why Are Smotect Natural Tablets Better Than Other Medications?
A] Way of working: Smotect Natural Tablets lead the body to produce its own dopamine naturally. This action makes up for the loss due to nicotine dependence. Consequently, nicotine dependence reduces. This naturally released dopamine also helps to sustain the elevated mood, increased energy levels and stamina.
B] Zero side effects: Unlike other medications, these tablets are devoid of nicotine. So, you don’t experience any harmful side effects. The herbal composition of the tablets makes them 100% safe and natural.
C] Proven efficacy: Smotect Natural Tablets present a 95%+ success rate. They are clinically proven, FDA-approved and GMP-certified.
Enroll for Smotect Guided Sessions
Smotect Guided Sessions are a step-by-step video series designed by quit-smoking experts. With these sessions, you can combat psychological cravings.
The Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) approach forms the basis of these sessions. These videos help you to:
- Strengthen your mental muscle through breathing exercises and techniques, such as the Body scan technique and R.A.I.N.
- Manage cravings and withdrawals
- Deal with slips and relapses effectively
- Become aware of the psychological triggers and smoking patterns
- Stay consistent with your anti-smoking journey through consistent support on WhatsApp: http://wa.me/+918928597731
A smoking relapse doesn’t mean you give up. Think why you decided to quit smoking in the first place, get support from loved ones, and ace your approach with Smotect.
Smotect Natural Tablets are not ordinary anti-smoking tablets. Unlike other medications based on nicotine replacement, these are nicotine-free tablets that assure promising results. Smotect Guided Sessions complement the tablets’ efficacy by serving as a holistic approach to quitting smoking.
Smotect Quit Smoking Program affirms your promise to kick the habit and live a happier and healthier life.